Sunday, June 1, 2014

June 1-7

New Phase -1
Day 1
A1. Front Squat- 6 x 3; rest 30 sec, tough sets w/ perfect form
75#, the first set almost felt like my spine was compressing. I'm thinking I just might not have stretched well enough. The next two sets felt better. But I definitely felt it more in my upper body than my lower. Stayed at 75# for all 3 sets
A2. Chin Over Bar Hold- Max Hold x 3 reps x 3; rest 60 sec
About a 5 second hold each time. Hard to tell, no clock to look at
B1. DB Walking Lunges- 20 steps x 3; rest 30 sec (add weight by DB's in hand)
10# DBs in each hand
B2. Gravitron Pull Ups, 8-10 reps x 3 sets; rest 30 sec 
70# assistance; first set had to take a break after 5 reps. Did 8 reps each set, the second two sets I did straight through
B3. DB Press @ 20X2- 10 reps x 3; rest 60 sec
25# DBs for 10 reps each set
***going back and reading this and I'm 99% sure I did bench press, not press. Whoops. ***
+
Run 20 min for max distance
Walked for a few minutes then tried to run, didn't cramp up to where I was limping but I definitely felt it so I stopped. Only ran for about one minute. Then walked at a small incline. After that I could feel it consistently so I stopped walking. Did about 8 minutes total on the treadmill. Got on the bike and did 10 minutes. Over 2 miles but I don't remember exactly.

I didn't have near enough sleep last night, about 5 hours. Everything seemed difficult and felt heavy. I know it was related to sleep. 


Day 2
Run 1 mile
rest 5 min
x 3
9:57, 10:27, 9:58

So excited I was able to run pain free!!!

Day 3
Bike 20 sec @ 100%
rest 10 sec
x 3
rest 2:30
x 3
0.47, 0.43, 0.47
+
Bike 3 min @ 80%
rest 2 min
x 6
0.74, 0.71, 0.73, 0.73, 0.73, 0.73

*note distances achieved

Day 4
A1. Back Squat @ 33X1- 6 reps x 5; rest 45 sec
95#, 85#, 85#, 85#, 85#
A2. Inverted Row @ 30X2- 8-10 reps x 5; rest 45 sec
10 reps done
A3. Single Arm DB OH Lunge- 16 steps x 5; rest 45 sec (alternate hands @ half way)
15# dumbbell, struggled with keeping my arm locked out... I was actually really bad at it
A4. DB Man Makers- 5 reps x 5; rest 45 sec (drop to push up position, row each DB, do push up, kick feet up, then clean to thruster)
15# DBs
I tried doing the first stuff from a push up position but either my core isn't strong enough to keep the barbell from rolling and when I could keep it still, my palms hurt from putting all my weight on the grip on the barbell. So I went down to my knees, rowed, went into a push up, did push up and finished the rest out correctly. 
+
Run/walk 20-30 min easy
30 minute walk done. 

That first part had my heart going and sweat dripping off my face. The 95# BS was heavy so I dropped down to 85# because after doing a whole round of the other stuff I wasn't feeling like I could do that heavy for 6 reps!! 

Day 5
Run 2.5 miles for time
Ran 1.74 miles before I had to stop due to my foot. I have no idea why it decided today to hurt, but I walked until I got to 3 miles, even though my foot hurt (40 minutes). I was determined. Haha, probably not very smart. 

So sore after day 4 (upper thighs, hips, and shoulders) that I took an 'off day' and did 43 minutes on the treadmill on a hill interval setting at 3.5 mph, 2.5 miles. I have no idea how/why I was so sore. When I did the walking portion of day 4, I did it at a 4.0 pace with an incline and I think that might have done it, being combined with squats/lunges.

No comments:

Post a Comment