Monday, May 2, 2016

May 1-7

W4

Monday Wednesday

A1. DB Goblet Squats @ 3030, 5 x 10 reps, rest 45 sec 25#

A2. DB Walking Lunges, 5 x 24 steps, rest 45 sec 10#/hand

A3. Push Ups @ 3030, 5 x 5-7, rest 45 sec done, I can see improvement in these!

A4. Inverted Bar Row @ 2020, 5 x 8-10, rest 45 sec ring rows

A5. Side Lying DB External Rotation @ 3010, 5 x 12-15/arm, rest 15 sec **may have to use 5# plate or something 8#

**if you do this session right, it’s not fun.  It looks like just strength work but it’s a brutal session.  So good job pushing through!  On goblet Squats, the upper back often fatigues first but especially with those of us with poor upper back posture, which is why I have you doing them :)


Tuesday Tuesday

5 sets done

Bike 30 sec

7 No Push Up Burpees

5 Single Arm Russian KB Swings/arm **focus on keep shoulder retracted during use

Bike 30 sec

Rest 30 sec

Run 150m

12 Double DB Deadlifts, heavy as possible 25#/hand

12 Tuck Ups

Run 150m

Res 30 sec


Wednesday Thursday 

40 min 

Run 400m

100’ Single Arm Overhead KB Carry/arm

200’ Farmer’s Carry, heavy as possible

20 sec Tuck Hollow Hold

15 Wallball

Oh shoot, I only did 35 minutes, I didn't see the increase. I lost track but it was either 3 or 4 rounds plus a run. I'm just feeling like it couldn't have been 4 since I only did 3 last week...?!


Friday Friday 

A1. Wall Squat, 4 x 30 sec, rest 10 sec **hold DB in lap 25# DB

A2. Squat Jumps, 4 x 8 reps, rest 90 sec done 

+

5 min AMRAP *goal is more reps than last week

5 Ring Rows

5 Good Push Ups

4 rounds, getting better! Here I go again not paying attention... I did elevated ring rows (to the best of my ability, ha!) I only elevated like 5 inches

+

15 min AMRAP 4+21

15 Double Unders

15 No Push Up, No Jump Burpees

15 Russian KB Swings 35#KB

+

3 x 10 side lying DB External Rotation done

Progress notes:
#1 on that AMRAP the 15 DUs were all unbroken except one round, they came easier to me, and I could actually breathe while doing them! I went back and looked and the end of February I made a note that I was pretty sure 16DUs were a PR for me and now I'm doing 15 unbroken easy(er)!!! Consistency!
#2 A year ago in May I decided one of my goals would be to stop food journaling and see if I could maintain my weight ... A year later and I'm the exact same weight (went to the doctor and they actually said I had lost a pound!) and this is exactly a year after I ran my half (so lots of cardio then) and working way too much this year.. So yay consistency again!
And #3 I'm working on my diet again! I talked to a dietician turned RN that just started working with us about my diet. She gave me some pointers basically about switching my foods around to different times of the day = spreading my macros out better across the day, and small pointers on foods to slow down on (she told me to quit drinking so much milk.. Ahh! She said it's basically a carb more than a protein). Now if I could just give up eating all that candy they pass around at work!! (That's my next goal, not there yet!) So, my last point is... Consistency!

No comments:

Post a Comment