Sunday, July 6, 2014

July 6-12

W5
Day 1
A1. DB Goblet Squat heavy- 6-8 reps x 4; rest 30 sec
50, 55, 60, 65. 
65 was extremely hard to get it into position. Squats were not necessarily hard, just wrestling that DB into goblet position. Then actually holding it there. 
A2. Gravitron Pull Up- 8-10 reps x 5; rest 60 sec, @ 55# assisted weight
1st: got 7, rest, then 8-10
2nd: got 6, rest, then 7-8, rest, then 9-10
3rd: got 5, rest, 6-7, rest, 8 & failed on 9
4th: got 5, rest, 6-8, rest, 9-10
B1. DB OH Walking Lunges- 20 steps x 3; rest 30 sec (add weight by DB's in hand overhead)
12.5# DBs, not sure I was ever really locked out but hated to drop down in weight because I already went from 15# DBs to 12.5 for 20 steps 
B2. Chin over Bar Hold, 3 reps x 3 sets; rest 30 sec 
3-5 second holds
B3. Lying DB Tricep Extensions @ 30X1- 15 reps x 3; rest 60 sec
Did all 15 reps on the first round but had to take breaks at 11 on the last two rounds.

****muscle fatigue today!! Arms shaking, not being able to finish rounds ... Ouch
Kind of frustrating. After last week, I squatted way more when going for a 1RM than I had been doing during my previous workouts that I decided I needed to push myself more. So I tried to go heavier today and I hit shaking muscles haha. 
+
Run 10 min for max distance
1 mile
*struggled with this!! Started out running at 6.2, ended up jumping off the treadmill two different times, dropped down to 5.5 and kept running into the treadmill so increased it up to 5.8 and then I increased a little more in the last 2 minutes. 

Hey... Is section A1/A2 suppose to have different number of sets? I did 4 on both. Also, lying tricep extensions.. Are those both arms at the same time? That's what I did. 

Day 2
Run 400m
rest 2 min
2:50, 2:44, 2:33 (first one was uphill, second one was flat, last one was downhill)
x 3
Run 800m
rest 4 min
5:32, 5:43
x 2
Run 1 mile
11:32

*try to run outside on some of these at least

I was actually surprised by myself on this! When I run outside, I typically run a 12:30 pace and today I pretty much maintained an 11:30 pace. And usually I skip the hills on the driveway, but I figured if you were going to tell me to run outside, I might as well do it right! So I ran the hills too. And still maintained an 11:30 pace. High five!

Day 3
Bike 45 min tough pace
9.8 miles, level 8
Probably could have done a little better, I was shooting for 10 miles :/

Day 4
A1. Back Squat @ 40X1- 5 reps x 5; rest 45 sec
75, 85, 85, 95, 95
A2. Inverted Row @ 30X2- 8-10 reps x 5; rest 45 sec (as the reps decrease, try to get more and more inverted)
Done. 
A3. Russian DB/KB Swings- 10 heavy x 5, rest 45 sec (focus on hip drip, arms relaxed)
50#, 60#, 60#, 60#, 65#
A4. Bench Press @ 30X1- 8-10 x 5; rest 45 sec
65# for all 5 sets. Felt pretty good for about 5 reps but really had to concentrate to get those last few. I did 8 reps for the first 3 rounds and 10 reps for the last 2. 
+
Run/walk 20-30 min easy
Done. Actually did a 40 minute walk at 3.8-4mph

Day 5
Run 30 min outside  
2.36 miles
That's pretty pitiful if you ask me. But I guess one way to look at it is there's room for nothing but improvement!! 
*1st mile 12:19, 2nd mile 25:09. I walked 3 different times for a out 30-45 seconds each. And you have to calculate turning around which happens about every 3/10 of a mile. We don't run all the way to the end because we don't want to dogs in the road and we don't run all the way to the beginning either. I'll run up the beginning but I won't run down it because it twists and turns and it's downhill on loose gravel. So I turn around a lot. Ok, explanation done. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment