Sunday, October 23, 2016

October 16-22

W5
D1 Wednesday
Thoracic Bridge Rotations- 3 x 5-6/side done
A. RFE Split Squat w/ DB’s in Front Rack @ 3010, 4 x 8/leg, rest 60 sec b/w legs **heavy as possible 15#DB; I'm proud of myself for noticing the tempo haha because I usually miss small changes like that. And I'd rather do tempo with less weight and less reps than higher weight/higher reps. This is like the worst exercise ever. I don't know why I don't get used to it
B. Pull Up Negatives, 5/75 sec for 5 sets @ 3-5 sec eccentric ok, so this was my nemesis this week, on the first rep I felt something terrible in my neck... but I kept going, during the rest after round 1, I did ROM trying to stretch it out. I did two more reps in the next round and had to completely stop. My entire neck felt tight like I couldn't lean my head back. I have no idea what I did, but I'm writing this three days after I did this, and it's still been there everyday since. Day 1 was a generalized pain, couldn't pinpoint an area, day 2, I can pinpoint it to being on the left between neck and shoulder, day 3 is the best day yet.. starting to ease up. Didn't hurt with pull ups today (Friday). Maybe I didn't stretch well enough before starting this, I have no idea.. but I've been stretching it/massaging it ever since
+
1 round for time: 13:58
30 Cals Bike (4 min)
50 Wallball
35 Burpees
Run 400m
I broke up the wall ball/burpees - I did 15WB/12burpees repeat
+
D. Straddle Hollow Hold, 4 x 25 sec, rest less than last time: **Hold PVC overhead to work on good overhead position **actual straddle done

Wednesday afternoon - met friends in Memphis and rode bikes for 2hrs. Conversation pace, thinking we did about 14 miles.

D2 Thursday
Run 800m, rest 90 sec x 2 **run each one hard done - wore my Garmin watch: 5:23mins and 5:06mins. Don't get excited... haha, those are good times for me but I've been resting most of today (it's the afternoon) and I really did try/push
Rest 5 min
Run 200m, rest 30 sec x 4 did 0.12miles -one downhill, then the next uphill, one downhill, then uphill 1:04min, 1:06min, 1:05min, 1:03min
+
18 min EMOM done
1st- 5 Burpee Box Jumps
2nd- 12 Double DB Ground to OH (think like psuedo snatch/KB swing w/ 2 DB’s
3rd- 25 sec Double Unders
God Bless America, that whooped my tail. I skipped minute ten which was one round of DBs. Just to catch a breath. I did 10DUs each time + 30 singles (one round I did 20DUs unbroken, no singles) and about round 3 I started starting early on burpee box jumps to give me a few more seconds
+
3 sets of 5 Suitcase Deadlifts + 100’ Single Arm Farmer’s KB Carry done 35# KB

D3 Friday
3 x 10 Lying External Rotations, no rest done 8#
A. Kipping Pull Ups, 1/20 sec for 20 reps **try no band, add band if can’t get chin over bar fully **if you didn’t complete last week’s 1/25 sec then repeat that. Done 1/20; did 10 rounds with no band, probably didn't get chin over bar for any of them, but probably chin at the bar. Starting with rep 11, I used band. I think the need for the band/not getting very high this weak is due more to guarding and not giving it my all (scared to hurt my neck again...it wasn't feeling 100% when I started this)
B. DB Lateral Crossover Step Ups, 3 x 12 steps (6/leg)  **try to increase load 15#DB/hand, I finally increased in weight!
4 rounds for time: 10:21
20 sec Bike hard about 5 cals a round
5-8 Box Dips (sit on edge of box and put hands on back and scoot off and do dips) 6 reps
3 Toes to Bar not quite there but getting there
10 Kip Swings **focus on tight hollow and arch body and active shoulders
12 Squat Jumps
Rest 60 sec b/w rounds thanks for the rest!

D4 Saturday
A. Staggered Stance RDL @ 4010, 3 x 7/leg, rest 90 sec **if you can increase weight, decrease reps 15#/hand
B. Goblet Squat @ 3030, 3 x 14, rest as needed **same load **try to keep tempo better 15#DB, kept tempo but don't really want to do it again haha
+
Bike 2 min @ 125-135W, rest 30 sec x 4
**let me know how this pace is couldn't hold pace the first two rounds, just felt worn out starting, got about 115W avg the first two rounds but held 125-135W the last two rounds, just had to really push
+
16 min EMOM
1st- 10-20 sec Chin Over Bar Hold
2nd- 20-30 sec Wall Facing HS Hold
3rd- 15 sec Side Plank/side w/ rotations
4th- 4 Lunge Jumps alternating + 6 Goblet Squats w/ heaviest DB or KB
didn't do this as an EMOM, just went through and rested when I felt like it. 13:43 mins total. Round 1, I didn't get any chin over bar hold, I just fell immediately haha what on earth?! But got 10-12sec the other rounds. Wall facings are still terrible and I feel like my food is about to come up. Not nose to wall, actually probably no where near if I'm going to be honest. And those dang goblet squats.. YUCK, don't add anymore reps!
+
Hollow Hold, 10 sec on, 20 sec off x 8  *as perfect position as possible done

No comments:

Post a Comment