Saturday, September 17, 2016

September 11-17

W9 
D1 Monday
Thoracic Bridge Rotations- 3 x 5-6/side- done
A. RFE Split Squat w/ DB’s in Front Rack, 3 x 12/leg, rest 60 sec b/w legs **heavy as possible done, started out with 10#/hand but stopped because I feel that 'shredding' in my thigh when I do them. I'll video this if I can later to send to you. I did the rest at just body weight. I still couldn't go all the way down without that feeling but I could go lower at BW than I could with weight added
B. Pull Up Negatives, 5/min for 5 min @ 3-5 sec eccentric still felt this in my head so I only did 7 total and decided to skip the rest for now. *after work out, figured maybe I was exaggerating my head pain since burpees didn't hurt my head, so I did 5 more but definitely could feel it in my head. I just need to take some ibuprofen but I haven't eaten anything yet. I'll come back this afternoon and finish this. **did come back this afternoon and finish this out by doing 12 more. Maybe not perfect EMOM but I atleast got the movement in! 
+
3 rounds for time: 10:28
30 Cals Bike my monitor died and I didn't have time to replace the batteries so I just did 1:30min every time (addendum** I replaced my batteries before Tuesday's bike portion and realized after the fact that 1:30 probably wasn't near close enough for 30 Cals. Oops)
15 Burpees
+
D. Straddle Hollow Hold, 4 x 60 sec, rest less than last time: **Hold PVC overhead to work on good overhead position done, 35sec rest in between

D2 Wednesday 
Run 400m, rest 45 sec x 4 **run each one hard, even if it causes a drop off done, first time I've done these that I actually felt like a wasn't just going through the motions but could actually give a little more effort
+
18 min EMOM done
1st- 4 Burpee Box Jumps
2nd- 10 Wallball
3rd- 20 sec Double Unders
+
3 sets of 5 Suitcase Deadlifts + 100’ Single Arm Farmer’s carry 35# KB

D3 Saturday 
3 x 10 Lying External Rotations, no rest done 8#
A. Kipping Pull Ups, 1/30 sec for 9 min **try no band, add band if can’t get chin over bar fully done, no band
B. DB Lateral Crossover Step Ups, 3 x 24 steps (12/leg) 10#/hand

4 rounds for time: 17:45
25 Double Unders
2 Wall Walks + 5 Push Ups
5 Burpee Box Jumps, 20”
Ok number one, I couldn't string together a DU to save my life. If it had been much more than 25 I probably would have reverted to singles. And second of all, Matthew took my fan so it was hot as all get out, no wind, and muggy muggy muggy. I thought I was dying. And thirdly, I only did one set of wall walks because the ground was wet from it raining and my hands were sliding on the concrete, I was scared they'd slip out from under me. So I did 7 push ups instead on the last three rounds 

D4 Tuesday
A. Staggered Stance RDL @ 4010, 3 x 8-12/leg, rest 90 sec **if you can increase weight, decrease reps 15#/hand x12 reps
B. Goblet Squat @ 3030, 3 x 12, rest as needed **same load 35#KB, I know you think I'm crazy, but I have one spot I can pinpoint on my right thigh that is 'weak' I'd say sore but it's not sore but it's like that area is sore from last week or something and it's not completely healed for this week's workout. I don't know. 
+
Bike 2 min @ 120W, rest 30 sec x 4 done
**what’d you use to measure HR last week
144HR at the end this time, I counted it myself using my radial pulse (what are you expecting as a heart rate range?)
+
16 min EMOM done
1st- 10-20 sec Chin Over Bar Hold used band so I could stay longer, didn't work as well as I thought. I maybe got an extra 3-5sec about 10-15sec total average
2nd- 20 sec Wall Facing HS Hold getting better about getting closer to the wall, not quite there yet. These always make me feel like my food is coming up, even if I haven't eaten anything yet 
3rd- 20 sec Side Plank/side done
4th- 12 Alt Step Ups holding weights 10#/hand
+
Hollow Hold, 20 sec on, 10 sec off x 10 done, held PVC overhead


***end of the week*** my thigh is feeling better, like I said I think it was still just weak from being sore the week before or something weird like that. I didn't notice it hurting or anything in Saturday's workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment