W3
D1 Tuesday
3 x 10 Lying External Rotations, no rest b/w arms done
A. RFE Split Squat w/ DB’s in Front Rack, 3 x 16/leg, rest 60 sec b/w legs **same weight
10#/hand... The last set on the last leg I took a break after rep 11, then finished it out. This is tough, I was verrry glad it wasn't 4 rounds!
B. Goblet Squat Jumps, 5/min for 10 min **focus on jumping as high as possible, hold DB right under chin done, 15# DB
C. Pull Up Negatives, 3/min for 10 min @ 3-5 sec eccentric Done, I'm crazy. I looked back at previous week's and it didn't say I used a band. So I started off with no band then logic kicked in and I realized that yes indeed I did use a band for this exercise. So I did 2 rounds with no band (but was hardly getting chin close to bar) before I started using band. I did good after that!
D. Straddle Hollow Hold, 4 x 45 sec, rest as needed done
D2 Thursday
4 x 2 min Run, rest 1:50 min b/w sets *push the pace here done
+
20 min EMOM done
1st- 12 Wallball
2nd- 12 KB Swings
3rd- 30 sec Double Unders
4th- 8 Box Jumps
I did single unders here because of environment issues (the dog that nipped at me before wouldn't move very far out of my area and she kept watching me. I've overcome my fear and I have done DUs by her since she nipped at me (that was when her puppies were just born) but Matthew wasn't home and I was still too nervous to try them with her not moving away from me)
+
Side Plank, 4 x 35 sec/side, 25 sec rest done, arms shake soo much during this it makes it so hard!
D3 Wednesday
3 x 10 Lying External Rotations, no rest done
A. Kipping Pull Ups, 1/40 sec for 10 min **try no band, add band if can’t get chin over bar fully
done, after yesterday with negatives and then today (plus weeks previously) I ripped my hands to shreds. I knew it was coming but no fun! Left hand has 3 different rips but I completed this! (No band). on these, I got my chin TO the bar with my kip and then was able to muscle my chin over the bar for each pull up. I'm sure that's not ideal, but it's almost like I had a pause at the bar then got the chin over
B. DB Lateral Crossover Step Ups, 4 x 20 steps (10/leg) done, 10#/hand
C. Push Ups, 5 min AMRAP **focus on perfect reps **38+ reps this week done, 45!! 😳
+
8 min AMRAP 3+10
8 Burpees
8 Wallball
8 Ring Rows
D4 Saturday
A. Staggard Stance RDL @ 4010, 3 x 14/leg, rest 90 sec **hold weights in both hands 10#/hand
B. Goblet Squat @ 5050, 3 x 12, rest as needed **this is a huge core workout, so not uncommon to feel back tightening up done 25# DB
+
Bike 2:15 min hard, 45 sec easy x 4 Done
+
16 min EMOM done
1st- 10-20 sec Chin Over Bar Hold
2nd- 20 sec Wall Facing HS Hold
3rd- 35 sec Front Plank
4th- 14 steps Walking Lunges
Hand rips are doing better, wore a glove on left hand and actually did pretty good at chin holds. Getting my chin actually over the bar helps me be able to hold longer. 12-13sec holds! Still not close enough to the wall during wall HS holds but today the ground and wall were wet from rain so I'm blaming everything being slick for why I didn't get closer today!
+
Hollow Hold, 12 sec on, 18 sec off x 10 done Sunday- 30 minute Airdyne
***day 1 still makes me somewhat sore each week, which is weird because usually I'm sore maybe the first week of a new cycle but usually not by week 3. (Not sore in a bad way, just unusual)
***and secondly, I lovvvvve this cycle. Maybe we can do another round of it?? I can already tell a difference in strength. And the workouts look so simple on paper but really push me! But the fact that I can already tell/see a difference is a huge plus. My core definitely needed work.
***i've been meaning to tell you for about 2 weeks now.. I haven't had any problems with my shoulder at all recently and I've noticed with my arms overhead they both move freely and when I do arm circles they both move freely too! So that's exciting!
No comments:
Post a Comment