Sunday, August 31, 2014

August 31 - September 6

W1 (adjusted)
Day 1 Tuesday 
A1. Front Rack Walking Lunges @ 30X1, 4 x 8/leg unbroken, rest 20 sec
65#
A2. Powell Raise @ 50X1, 4 x 10/arm, rest 60 sec
10#, 7.5#, 7.5#
C1. Single Arm Bent Row @ 31X3, 4 x 6-8/arm, rest 30 sec
25#
C2. Single Arm Bicep Curls @ 3030, 4 x 8-10/arm, rest 30 sec
25# DBs, wish I had started lighter, these were heavy
C3. DB Bench Press @ 32X1, 4 x 5-7, rest 30 sec
30# DBs, this was heavy too
C4. Tricep Cable Press downs @ 30X2, 4 x 12-15, rest 30 sec
20#
C5. Front Squats @ 33X1, 4 x 6-8, rest 30 sec
45# bar; focus on depth and tempo but this still wasn't a necessarily 'easy' weight
C6. Hollow Hold, 4 x 40 sec, rest 30 sec
Done. 

**did aerobics this afternoon

Day 2 Thursday 
Run 1.5 mile
rest 4 min
15:36
+
Run 800m
rest 2 min
x 2
5:36 walked twice, 5:00 on treadmill
+
Run 400m
rest 1 min
x 8
2:30, 2:30, 2:30 (left side cramping), 2:30, 2:34, 2:30, 2:30, 2:23

Thoughts after 1st 1.5: Please don't make me do this workout again. Ran with hands on hips some, but never stopped. I changed my mind, no 1/2 marathon for me. That 1.5 was so miz. Whhhyyy is this so hard for me?! 

Thoughts after 1st 800: walked twice, this is horrible. Going to gym to run on treadmill, maybe it's the heat.

Thoughts after 3rd 400: I'm beginning to think I didn't eat enough calories yesterday and then today, trying to do this without eating first for fasting cardio is making this so hard

Done. Not sure how I made it through, that sucked. Sometimes on those 400m runs I took up to 1:30 rest, but only on a few. And between those two 800m runs I drove to the gym so it was probably a 5-7 minute rest.

Day 3 Friday
A1. RFE Split Squats @ 3030, 5 x 10/leg, rest 30 sec **don’t add weight until you can get 10/leg unbroken
Body weight
A2. Wtd Glute Bridge @ 20X3, 5 x 8-10 reps, rest 30 sec
75#
A3. DB Push Press @ 20X2, 5 x 8-10 reps, rest 30 sec
25# DBs
A4. Lying DB Tricep Extensions @ 30X1, 5 x 8-12 reps, rest 30 sec
15# DBs
A5. Lying Bench DB Rows @ 30X1, 5 x 8-10 reps, rest 30 sec
25# for first set then dropped down to 20# DBs so I could maintain tempo
A6. DB Curls @ 30X1, 5 x 8-10 reps, rest 30 sec
25# DBs

**45 minute walk on incline, 5 minute run

Day 4- Monday 
Air Dyne Sprints
20 sec MAX EFFORT, rest 2:40 x 8 sets
Done. Usually around 0.12 miles each time. Once 0.10 and once 0.14. Started getting that nauseated feeling in my stomach from pushing myself on the last 2-3 rounds.

**great workout for when I work back to back days and I do this on the 2nd day. I was able to sleep until 3:45 vs 3:05 and got 6.5 hrs of sleep total. And I probably could have slept until 4. 

Day 5 Wednesday 
A1. Front Squats @ 32X1, 4 x 6 reps, rest 30 sec
45# bar
A2. Gravitron Pull Ups @ 4040, 4 x 6 reps, rest 30 sec
40# assistance on the 1st round then increased to 50# for the other rounds; never unbroken but with the 40# I could only do 2 at a time and with the 50# I could get 3-4
A3. Good Mornings @ 50X1, 4 x 8 reps, rest 30 sec
45# bar
A4. Push Ups on DB’s @ 40X1, 4 x 8-10 reps, rest 30 sec
Regular for 1st round but then I went to knees. With regular, I was resting too long in the bottom of the push up with every rep, that's why I decided to go with knee push ups. 
+
Easy Walk/Run out doors 
Treadmill, 18 minutes; might try an outside walk on Saturday.

**i took to heart your statement about you'd rather have appropriate rest periods than heavy weights... Thus the lighter weight this week and knee push ups. 


Saturday
40 minute driveway walk, easy pace 

No comments:

Post a Comment