Monday, January 26, 2015

January 25-31

W1 of 4
Day 1 Monday 
A1. Front Squat @ 105#, 5 x 6-8 reps, rest 30 sec
I. Think. You. Are. CRAZY. There's no way. For the last 4 weeks I've been doing 95# with a 10 min AMRAP and have only been getting 10-16 reps! And you think I can do 6-8 @ 105? Nope. Negative. Plus I have a twinge in my lower left back so I already feel weak. I did 1 rep at 105# the first 2 rounds then dropped to 1 rep at 95# for the last 3 rounds. I might could have done more at 95# but my back was too weak with that weird twinge. And by more I mean 2 reps, MAYBE 3.
A2. Gravitron Pull Ups @ 30X3, 5 x 6-8 reps, rest 60 sec
Attempted 45# but after 2 reps realized no. Used 60# assistance
B1. DB Reverse Lunge off 2" block (25# bumper), 4 x 10/leg, rest 20 sec b/w legs
15#/hand 
B2. Standing Over Head Cable Tricep Extensions, 4 x 12-15, rest 30 sec
25#
B3. Front Plank, 4 x 60 sec accumulated, rest 45 sec
Done. I was good for about 45 sec straight then took a 5 sec break then finished 
*Make sure knee touches on reverse lunges
**this was a very hard workout!! But then again, the first week of a new series always is.

Day 2 Tuesday 
Run 20 min easy *no stopping to walk
1.94 miles; 10:15 pace. I definitely pushed myself and didn't run 'easy' haha
+
60 sec Run @ high effort
60 sec rest/walk
x 7
1.21 miles

Day 3 Wednesday 
A1. DB Step Ups on 20" Box, 3 x 10/leg, rest 20 sec b/w legs
15#/hand 
A2. Single Arm Row @ 30X3, 3 x 10/arm, rest 20 sec b/w arms
25# DB
B1. Good Mornings @ 2010, 3 x 15 reps, rest 30 sec
body weight, back is too weak still to do bar. I have no idea what I've done to my back but I can't bend at the waist (**edit: went to message therapist Friday, she said it's my SI nerve... Hopefully we can resolve this quickly with her and stretching!)
B2. Inverted Bar Rows, 4 x 10, rest 30 sec
Done.
B3. Push Ups, 4 x 8-10, rest 30 sec
Done. 10 each time; knees... Tried to go slow and controlled to build my strength back
B4. Side Plank, 4 x 20-30 sec/side, zero rest b/w sides, 30 sec after both
Done. 30 sec each time


Day 4 Saturday 
5 rounds for time: didn't calculate but around 13-15 minutes? 
30 sec Air Dyne
15 Perfect Goblet Squats w/ something really light *just enough weight to help form used an unopened cat food bag haha
30 sec Air Dyne
30 sec FLR on Floor
+
20 sec Air Dyne ALL OUT
rest 2:40
x 4
Done.
**we were laughing at the dogs crowding around us doing goblet squats with the cat food bag. Here's my friend Meri working out with me (she's running the 1/2 with me too and does all my training runs with me)


Day 5 Friday 
Run  55 min for distance: 4.99 miles; I sure tried for 5!! 11:05 pace... Faster than last week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment