Thursday, June 23, 2016

June 19-25

W4
Monday Wednesday
3 x 10 Lying External Rotations, no rest b/w arms done
A1. DB Step Ups @ 3010, 4 x 12/leg, rest 45 sec *focus on driving through glute and fully extend before putting other foot on box (14-18”) done 10#/hand
A2. Shoulders Elevated Glute Bridge, 4 x 15, rest 45 sec done, no elevation. I can't find anything to elevate on. I'm going to have to see if maybe Matthew can make me something
B1. Ring Rows @ 11X3, 3 x 10, rest 30 sec done
B2. Single Arm Russian KB Swings, 3 x 15/arm, rest 60 sec **focus on tight core and not letting body rotate done, much harder than I expected. the first round my right forearm was pulling, but didn't notice it in the left and didn't feel it in the other rounds. must have been the way I was holding it or something
C1 Hollow Rock, 3 x 20 sec ok yeah, so no. I absolutely can not rock, I can hardly hold an accurate hollow hold. so I did a "best as I could" hollow hold for 30 seconds
C2. Staggered Stance KB RDL, 3 x 10/leg done; did you want me to do this with DBs or one KB? The video I watched used two DBs so that is what I did. 10#/hand

Tuesday Tuesday
4 sets
10 Wall ball
2 min Bike
Rest 30 sec
14 Lunge Jumps + 5 Air Squats
2 min Run
Res 30 sec
**do 10 WB then bike then lunge jumps then run for 4 sets
done; did every movement then rested 1 minute; kind of started tingling towards the end, but definitely better than last week...no itching!

Wednesday Thursday
45 min
Run 400m
2 Wall Walks + 25 sec HS Hold
5 Kip Swings from bar
5 Toes to Bar
25 Double Unders
10 Steps Goblet Walking Lunges, 10#
5 Push Ups
10 sec Chin Over Bar Hold no band used, probably did more like 45 degree holds
5 burpees
3 rounds + all through the push ups; took a break but did finish out chin holds/burpees for a full 4 rounds. Tough workout. Wanted to quit early but didn't. Love the bar work but definitely a weakness. Not as good as I once was on the bar and that's tough, but there's only one way to get back to it and that's to put the work in! So I'm trying. One thing that I think makes it difficult, is I made Matthew hang my bar just a little out of my reach so I have to stand on high tip toes to reach it or jump. I wanted to be able to work on any bar, not just one that was the perfect height. And I think that makes it harder in this strength phase, but I think once I get good again, I'll be glad it's high. Before, I used to see short people have to jump up to the bar THEN do the workout and I always thought 'wow that takes more strength and effort than me that just walks up to it and can reach' well then at my old gym where I couldn't reach the bars I was like uhh, stuck. (Granted they were like 9ft tall, but still) I want to be able to use any bar and still do what I need to. Ok, long story over.

Friday Saturday
A. Sumo Deadlift @ 4010, 3 x 10, rest 90 sec **heavy as possible **remind me again of what all weights you have? Done. 25#/hand (I have a set of adjustable DBs that can be 10 or 15s, a set of 25# DBs, and a 35# KB) as soon as we have a shop built I'm going to buy a squat rack, bar, weights, and a rower. Just waiting on the room for it (I've already told Matthew I'm claiming 20x20 in the shop for a gym (do you think that's enough room?)) if I need to buy a heavier set of DBs or another KB now I can, you just tell me. I have gym fund saved I can dip into now if needed.
B. Single Leg KB RDL @ 3010, 3 x 10/leg, rest 30 sec b/w legs (hold KB on opposite hand from foot on ground) 35# KB
C. Single Arm DB Press @ 3030, 3 x 8-12/arm, rest 30 sec b/w arms 10#/hand x10
D. Negative Pull Up @ 41A0, 3 x 5, rest 90 sec done, used band to get chin above bar
+
5 min AMRAP 3 rounds
8 Alt Beginner Archer Ring Rows
5 Push Ups @ 3030
+
7 min AMRAP 4 rounds
5 WallBall
10 V-Ups
15 Double Unders

No comments:

Post a Comment