Sunday, April 17, 2016

April 17-23

Monday Wednesday 

A1. DB Goblet Squats @ 3030, 5 x 12 reps, rest 45 sec 10#

A2. DB Walking Lunges, 5 x 24 steps, rest 45 sec 10#/hand

A3. Push Ups @ 3030, 5 x 3-5, rest 45 sec done 

A4. Inverted Bar Row @ 2020, 5 x 8-10, rest 45 sec ring rows, done

When I woke up I was in the worst of moods for some reason, so this workout started out kind of rough. But by the end, I was much better. I did 4 rounds and ran out of time. But came back that evening and did the other round. This workout last week made me so sore I figure from not doing too much on vacation. So I stuck with 10# because I was in a bad mood when I started and didn't feel like increasing. I'll increase weight next week.


Tuesday Thursday 

5 sets done

Bike 30 sec

3 No Push Up Burpee Box Jumps

7 KB Swings

Bike 30 sec

Rest 30 sec

Run 150m

12 Tuck Ups

12 Squat Jumps

Run 150m

Res 30 sec

No problems with shoulder, I thought my shoulder wouldn't like KBS, but I did fine!


Wednesday Friday 

35 min 3 rounds + run & L handed carry

Run 400m

50’ Single Arm Overhead KB Carry/arm

200’ Farmer’s Carry, heavy as possible 25#/hand

10 V-Ups

10 Wallball

Attempted 35# KBS on the single arm overhead and was fine on the right but wasn't stable enough yet on my left. I tried to get through 1 round thinking I just wasn't used to it. But I could only take a couple of steps, too unstable. So I did 25#DB and did it fine. Difficult on left, but doable.



Friday Saturday 

A1. Wall Squat, 4 x 30 sec, rest 10 sec

A2. Squat Jumps, 4 x 8 reps, rest 90 sec

Done, wall squats were harder than I thought they would be for 30 seconds

+

5 min AMRAP done 

5 Ring Rows **elevate feet if possible, make these difficult for 5 unbroken from start

5 Good Push Ups

I couldn't really find anything stable enough to elevate on. I tried the box, too high. I tried a bucket, it tipped over. I tried a piece of big wood, it slid. So eventually I slid the big piece of wood up against a trash barrel and that worked, except then I wasn't really strong enough, ha! I did about 3 before I needed a rest and then 2 more. But Matthew did say my push ups looked a lot better and that they've come a long way so woohoo!! He said I stayed straight!

+

12 min AMRAP 3 rounds + 18

12 Double Unders

12 Burpees

12 KB Swings
I thought DUs may mess with my shoulder but I did fine. I tried to really get completely vertical with KBS to help stretch my shoulder and I could feel it pulling down my chest, like the muscle. Not in a bad way, but in a stretching way

Oh and another thing on my shoulder, the only time I notice it in day to day activities is when I have to reach behind me to like put on a backpack or jacket. I noticed it this week getting in and out of my rain jacket.

I procrastinated at the beginning of this week and ended up not being able to take a rest day in between working out days. I'm hoping I do better next week about not doing all my workouts in a row. 

Also, I think I got too excited and jumped onto my pull up bar. I was thinking I was just going to do some kips to 'stretch' but I jumped up there and didn't ease up there and immediately had to let go with my left arm and then just had to completely drop. So yeah, I don't think I'm ready for that yet. Wishful thinking. I'm scared I'm going to lose my pull up that I JUST GOT! 

No comments:

Post a Comment