W5
Day 1 Monday
A1. Front Squat @ 13X3, build to 1RM
45, 65, 75, 85, 95
A2. Negative Only Pull Ups @ 50A1, 5 x 3 reps, rest 60 sec
Done. Used gravitron machine with 25# at first then 10# just to slow me down
B1. CrossOver Lunge, 5 x 5/leg, rest 20 sec b/w legs
15#/hand
B2. Arnold Press @ 30X3, 5 x 8-10 reps, rest 2 min
25#/hand
Day 2 Tuesday
Run 20 min @ consistent pace
1.66 total; 12:03 pace
+
60 sec run hard
120 sec easy jog
x 12
2.78 total; 12:57 pace
**awful run. Ran on less than 6hrs of sleep, two nights in a row and that just doesn't work.
Day 3 Wednesday
A1. DB Step Ups on 20” Box to Reverse Lunge, 3 x 2/leg, rest 20 sec b/w legs **1 rep is step up and back down then reverse lunge with same leg you stepped up with.
15#/hand
A2. DB Bent Row @ 30X3, 3 x 8 reps, rest 60 sec **Heavier
20#/hand; this IS heavy with my weak back
B1. Romanian Dead Lift to just below knee cap @ 4010, 4 x 6-8 reps, rest 30 sec *focus on pushing butt back, not just bending over
95# for one round then 75#; not heavy but did hurt my back to pick it up from the ground but during the movement my back didn't hurt
B2. Cable Tricep Press Downs, 4 x 8-10, rest 30 sec
42.5#
C. Dead Bug @ 15X1, 3 x 5/side, rest as needed
Done.
Day 4 saturday
A. 5 Burpees/min for 10 min
Done.
+
3 Max Effort Broad Jumps
30 sec Air Dyne ALL OUT
20 sec Front Plank
rest 2:00
x 4
Done.
Day 5 Friday
Run 10 miles
2:02:45; 12:17 pace
11:13, 11:12, 11:07, 11:32, 12:13, 12:44, 13:12, 13:38, 13:24, 12:31
**this was the worst run ever, one of those runs where I rethink this whole training thing. I picked the hilliest place I could come up with which in and of itself wasn't terrible... But add the 19mph winds we had to run INTO the entire last 5 miles. I literally text Matthew at mile 5.5 and told him I was dying and I loved him. Dramatic, yes. But totally how I felt. This is no joke, I wore a sleeveless tank and the wind whipped and flapped my shirt so much that the inside of my upper arm chaffed. I'm sure I could continue with the awfulness from this run, but I'll stop. I guess a 1 minute overall average pace slower isn't that bad, right? (Insert encouraging words here)
No comments:
Post a Comment