Sunday, January 12, 2014

January 13-24

Week 9
Monday- 
@ATC
Row 1000m warm up
no rower, elliptical for 5 minutes 
A1. Front Squat @ 30X1- 4 x 1 reps; rest 30 sec
95, 100, 105, 110 (3RM is 115)
A2. Kipping Pull Ups- 4 x 5 reps unbroken; rest 2 min
Assisted machine with 70# assistance
B1. Front Rack Step Ups- 3 x 5/leg; rest 15 sec
45, 45, 55
B2. No Push Up Burpee- 3 x 10 reps AFAP; rest 15 sec
Whew, these were harder than they sounded 
B3. Row 60 sec Hard; rest 3 min
No rower, jump roped 
C. FLR- 2 min accumulated
45 sec, rest 15, 45 sec, rest 15, 30 sec

*got on treadmill because in my head I can run without issues. Made it 0.25 miles at level 6 before needing to stop due to breathing partly and itching partly. Dropped down to 3.5 mph and increased incline to 4. Then played around with inclines and speeds until minute 11 with no more itching. 0.75 miles total. I think if I just get on a treadmill and/or run/walk outside I'll eventually get past the itching. 

Tuesday
@ATC
A1. Dead Lift @ 30X1- 3 x 3 reps; rest 20 sec
115, 135, 155
A2. Bar Assisted Dips @ 30X1- 3 x 10 reps; rest 20 sec
85# assistance 
A3. Russian KB Swing- 3 x 18 reps; rest 20 sec
50# DB
A4. DB Push Press @ 20X1- 3 x 10 reps; rest 3 min
20# DBs

I read this as A1, A2, B1, B2 so I did it wrong but I did do it! Glanced at it and never looked again. Whoops. 
+
1 min Bike
1 min Run
1 min Jump Rope
1 min Sit Ups
x 7 all at aerobic pace
Done. 

Wednesday
@ATC
Run- 45 sec ALL OUT; rest 2:15 x 5
(Mph: 7, 8, 8.5, 8.5, 8.5-9)
+
Bike- 45 sec ALL OUT; rest 2:15 x 5
done. Level 12

***18 minutes on treadmill, 1 mile. About .50 mile at incline 10. Changed inclines and speeds. Thought about running but decided against it since I had already ran earlier. 

Thursday
A1. Back Squat @ 13X1- 4 x 3 reps; rest 30 sec (full depth knees out chest up)
95, 95, 105, 115. I know I did light weights, but that 3 second pause is hard. I attempt it every time but I doubt it's a full 3 seconds
A2. Pull Ups Strict- 4 x 5 reps; rest 2 min (assistance machine)
70# assistance
B1. Suitcase Lunge- 4 x 6 steps/arm heavy; rest 30 sec
25, 35, 45 (45 was HARD)
B2. Dips on Bench, legs straight out- 3 x 10; rest 2 min (add weight to lap if possible
10# on lap
+
Bike 15 min @ steady aerobic pace
Done. Level 8. 25 minutes. 4.07 miles. 

Friday-
@ATC
A1. Power Clean- 4 x 3 reps; rest 60 sec (not tng)
75, 85, 95, 105 (105 was hard. Not the weight... Either the fear of dropping it or bad form)
A2. HR Push Ups- 4 x max reps in 45 sec; rest 2 min (put feet on one box and hands on another)
1st round 6, then 7, 7, then 8
+
For time:
30 Double unders
50 Wall Ball (10#db/hand thrusters)
30 Double Unders (3:1 SU)
40 Box Jumps, (on bench) 
30 Double Unders (3:1 SU)
30 KB Swings, 35lbs (35# DB)
30 Double Unders (3:1 SU)
20 Burpees 
30 Double Unders (3:1 SU)
10 Pull Ups (70# assistance)

24:14. I thought I might die. The first round of DUs took me over 3 minutes. Just couldn't get them today, so the rest I did 3:1 SU. 

Week 10
Monday- 
@ATC
A1. Sumo Dead Lift @ 30X1- 4 x 5 reps; rest 30 sec
95, 105, 115, 115
A2. Ring Push Ups @ 30X1- 4 x 10 reps; rest 2 min
No rings, regular push ups 
B1. Hang Power Clean- 3 x 8; rest 15 sec (45-65lbs- something unbroken and fast but still challenging)
45, 65, 65
B2. DB Burpees- 3 x 8 @ 25lbs/hand; rest 15 sec (drop down on DB's, do push up and pop up and stand wth DB's by side)
Done. 
B3. High Knee Jump Rope- 3 x AMRAP 45 sec; rest 3 min
56, 67, 57
C. FLR- 2 min accumulated
60 sec, 10 sec rest, 30 sec, 10 sec rest, 30 sec

*2 sets of 15 incline sit ups with 10# weight and 2 sets of 25# side bends

Tuesday
@ATC
20 min EMOM
1st- 10 Steps OH Walking Lunge, 25lbs
2nd- 6 Kipping Pull Ups
This was really hard. My legs feel like lead. 
+
20 min EMOM
1st- 40 sec Double Unders
2nd- 40 sec Row or Run
Attempted first set of DUs, then quit :(( (see explanation below)
+
15 min 
Bike or Row easy
*every min sprint all out 10 sec
Done.

Body felt tired this morning despite 8.5hrs of sleep. Also, this is ridiculous, but I had 2 tanning bed visits left over from my wedding that were about to expire so I used 1 yesterday. Never say never. I have always said I never burn. I burned, quite bad. When I whipped myself with my jump rope on DUs, I couldn't continue. Hurrrrt. I'm sure the burn is also part of why my energy is zapped. Lesson learned. 

Wednesday
@ATC
Row- 45 sec ALL OUT; rest 2:15 x 5
Ran instead, no rower. Level 6.5, 7.5, 8, 8.5, 9
+
30 sec Row (ran)
30 sec Run
5 Burpees
30 sec Jump Rope
30 sec FLR on Rings
20m Bear Crawl
x 6

Thursday
@ATC
A1. Hang Power Snatch (above the knee)- 4 x 2 reps TnG; rest 30 sec 
45, attempted 65 failed so did 55, then did 65 the other 2 rounds but was having to push it out so I wasn't very happy with those results. Went back and looked at how I did last week. I remember thinking last week it said NOT TnG. This week I did TnG. Maybe my form was bad, not sure. 
A2. DB Bench Press @ 1211 tempo- 4 x 7 reps; rest 2 min 
20, 25, 30, 35. 35 was hard
B1. DB Lying Bench Rows @ 2012 tempo- 3 x 8; rest 30 sec (lay face down on incline bench, row DB's by side pulling elbows straight back by side.  Same upper body motion as ring rows but lying fast down on bench)
20, 25, 25. Is the include bench suppose to be at an incline or flat? I did it at an incline. 
B2. Narrow Push Ups (elbows right by side)- 3 x max in 40 sec; rest 2 min
9, 10, 11. I'm good for about 6-7 reps in about 15 seconds but after that it's one slow rep at a time
+
Row 15 min @ steady aerobic pace

Friday-
@ATC
A1. Thrusters- 6 x 3 reps; rest 60 sec (heavy)
45, 55, 65, 65, 75, 75
A2. Pull Ups- 6 x 7 reps; rest 60 sec
# of assistance: 75, 80, 75, 70, 70
+
18 min AMRAP
15 Box Jumps, (onto bench)
12 Push Press, 65lbs
9 V-Ups

Wow, that was hard. I think I was 4+5. Spent a lot of time resting. Push presses were harder than I expected. I feel much slower which I think is attributed being out of a class, competitive situation but also because I can't drop weights between reps. That helps with muscle fatigue. Matthew says that bench is probably 15-16 inches high so I've lost height on my box jumps too. Oh well, I made it everyday for two weeks and that's an improvement!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment